Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time is short

"Remember how short my time is... "

Psalm 89:47 KJV


Just on today, someone asked me, "Do you know what time it is?"


My response was, "Yes. It's too late for me to be up."


We all have said, "If I just had more time..."


The truth of the matter is, we all have the same amount of time. There are 24 hours in a day, and 365 days in a year. How well one uses his or her time depends on how well they plan their 24 hours.


"Time Management" was one of the subjects that I studied while I was working on my Master degree at Spring Arbor University.

I learned about Stephen Covey’s theory entitled, "the three generations of time management." The theory reveals different styles of time managing ideas, from the traditional standpoint to the contemporary. Covey's theory offers a possible hope for the unorganized.


As a Christian, it is very important that I manage my time wisely.


King Solomon wrote:


“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:” - Ecclesiastes 3:1


The Apostle Paul also wrote about organized time—


“Let all things be done decently and in order.” - 1 Corinthians 14:40 KJV


“For God is not the author of confusion... ” - 1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV


I believe that we are living in the last days, as we approach the glorious return of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. With this in mind, as a Christian, I believe that all mankind will one day stand before God and give account of how well we managed our time.


Since this is the case, it is important that I do everything within my ability to incorporate good planning techniques into my high calling that God has placed upon my life.


Now is the time to do so, because time is short!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes time is so super short. I feel it so deep in my soul. So I'm trying to do what I can to live right by repenting of my sins every morning when I wake up and at night before I go to bed. I ask God for forgiveness for any sins that I have committed unaware. I find myself back reading your book which is so POWERFUL! I'm reading it again right now wondering if you are going to have a book about heaven? You just don't know how your book has impacted my life.
I wish I could meet you to share my personal experiences.

Signed,
Former Jerry Springer actor in Detroit